As the social unrest in the United States prepares to hit a fevered pitch not seen since the Civil War, there is more reason than ever to stockpile long term storage food. Getting caught outside rushing to the grocery store in the midst of a violent riot complete with burning buildings and other acts of lawlessness and looting.
It will truly be a survival of the fittest ( and best armed) during a SHTF scenario. A trip to the grocery store in that type of environment could turn deadly very quickly – and the shelves would likely be bare if you were lucky enough to even reach the corner market.
Stocking up now shelf stable survival food kits is the only sensible and intelligent decision you could make in an effort to keep both yourself and your family safe when disaster strikes.
People are going to panic the second SHTF, and will do anything to gather food for their family. If you have stockpiled survival food kits, you can immediately begin bugging in with your family or rapidly move to your bugout location.
Top five survival food Brands
Mountain House has the longest proven shelf life of 30 years, taste guaranteed. They provide emergency meal kits, pouches, #10 cans, and pro-paks.
They have emergency meal kits starting at a 2-day food supply to 14-day food supply. To give you an insight on examples of what the emergency kits have to offer:
The 3-day emergency food supply consists of 20 servings for around $60.
The 4-day emergency food supply is around $80 and has 28 servings.
The 5-day emergency food supply has a total of 37 servings for around $100.
Every emergency meal kit consists of breakfast, lunch, and dinner entrees. They also offer a Classic Assortment Bucket and an Essential Assortment Bucket.
The Classic Assortment Bucket is the perfect solution for those who want an emergency food supply but lack enough space. This bucket would fit perfectly in your car and provide you with the calories you need to either shelter in place of make a long trek home on foot.
These meals listed below have two pouches each in the Classic Assortment Bucket:
- Beef Stroganoff with Noodles
- Chicken Teriyaki with Rice
- Beef Stew
- Lasagna with Meat Sauce
- Noodles & Chicken
- Granola with Milk & Blueberries
You can also fit The Essential Assortment Bucket just about anywhere thanks to it’s compact and stackable size. This bucket contains four pouches each of Rice & Chicken, Chili Mac with Beef, and Spaghetti with Meat Sauce.
Mountain House’s pouches range anywhere from $2.99 to $10.99. There are pouches of beef, chicken, pork, breakfast, vegetarian, and sweets! You just add water, wait several minutes, and be ready to devour your bowl of deliciousness in a flash. Speaking of bowl, no dish is required – you can eat straight out of your pouch which makes this a lot more convenient, especially during an emergency.
My favorite Mountain House Pouches
- Beef Stroganoff with Noodles
- Chicken Breast and Mashed Potatoes
- Scrambled Eggs with Bacon
- Biscuits and Gravy
- Ice cream Sandwich
- Macaroni and Cheese
The Pro-Paks are light-weight and compact design which makes it convenient to pack in your “get home bag.” They also won’t expand at high altitude. Each Pro-Pak contains two 1-cup servings of food. The prices range from $5.99 to$7.99. My top favorites are Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, and Chicken Teriyaki with Rice.
Wise Foods is very easy to prepare with the only thing you having to do is add water. Shelf life is up to 25 years and they have the highest customer ratings for quality.
This brand has a variety of different options for your emergency food supply.
My favorite Wise Foods Freeze Dried Foods Options
The food supply kits come as Long-Term Food Supply, Grab and Go Food Kits, and Outdoor Food Kits.
The smallest Emergency Freeze Dried Meat bucket contains 60 servings with an additional 20 servings of rice. Each pouch contains 4 servings to avoid waste. The bucket is designed for you to be able to stack multiple buckets on top of one another and not worry about shelving.
This bucket typically costs about $150 and includes the following long term storage food items:
▪ 3 pouches of Roasted Chicken – 12 total servings
▪ 3 pouches of Southwest style Chicken – 12 total servings
▪ 2 pouches of Teriyaki Chicken – 8 total servings
▪ 2 pouches of Stroganoff Beef – 8 total servings
▪ 2 pouches of Cheesy Beef – 8 total servings
▪ 3 pouches of Roasted Beef – 12 total servings
▪ 2 pouches of Rice – 20 total servings
There is also a gluten-free version of Emergency Freeze Dried Meat with Rice for about $110 for a total of 104 servings.
The largest Freeze Dried Meat bucket is filled with 720 servings with a hefty price of tag.
The 120 servings of Freeze Dried Fruit bucket is $159 and includes the following 8 ounce serving pouches:
▪ 2 pouches of Bananas
▪ 2 pouches of Peaches
▪ 2 pouches of Strawberries
▪ 3 pouches of Apples
▪ 2 pouches of Creamy Yogurt
▪ 2 pouches of Caramel Sauce
▪ 2 pouches of Vanilla Pudding
To increase the calorie and nutritional content and enhance flavor, mix the fruit pouches with the pudding, yogurt, or sauce packets.
The Emergency Freeze Dried Vegetable bucket has 120 servings for the price of about $150. You can always mix these vegetables with long-term gourmet butter, cream, cheese, and mushroom sauces.
Mountain House foods sometimes offers a free sample packet of their long term storage food to new customers.
Emergency Freeze Dried Vegetable Bucket Contents – all pouches offer 8 ounce servings
▪ 3 pouches of Corn
▪ 2 pouches of Peas
▪ 3 pouches of Broccoli
▪ 3 pouches of Green Beans
▪ 1 pouches of Mushroom Sauce
▪ 1 pouch of Cheese Sauce
▪ 1 pouch of Butter Sauce
▪ 1 pouch of Cream Sauce
Wise Foods also produces an Emergency Freeze Dried Powdered Whey Milk survival food it. It consists of of 120 servings for about $90. Each pouch can be re-hydrated in minutes just by adding water!.You can enjoy drinking the milk while eating one of your delicious long term survival entrees or use it in cooking and baking recipes.
You can get 144 servings of Emergency Freeze Dried Powdered Eggs for $150. No refrigeration required and this would taste outstanding with your powdered milk. The last time I ordered this, I wanted to eat breakfast for every meal that day because it was just that good.
For a 7-day supply of 52 servings of four entrees, two breakfasts, and two beverages, it is $89.99.
Wise Emergency Freeze Dried Food and Drink Storage Survival Kit Contents
▪ Creamy Pasta and Vegetable Rotini – 4 Servings
▪ Savory Stroganoff – 4 Servings
▪ Tomato Basil Soup with Pasta – 4 Servings
▪ Southwest Beans and Rice – 4 Servings
▪ Brown Sugar and Maple Multi-Grain – 4 Servings
▪ Apple Cinnamon Cereal – 4 Servings
▪ Orange Delight Drink Mix – 16 servings
▪ Whey Milk Alternative – 12 Servings
Freeze Dried Camping & Backpacking Food Favorites from Wise Company is $59.99 for 12 servings of entrees and 6 servings of breakfasts.
Freeze Dried Camping & Backpacking Food Favorites Kit Contents
▪ 1 pouch of Creamy Pasta with Chicken and Vegetables – 2 total servings
▪ 2 pouches of Apple Cinnamon Cereal – 4 total servings
▪ 1 pouch of Strawberry Granola Crunch – 2 servings
▪ 1 pouch of Pasta Alfredo with Chicken – 2 servings
▪ 1 pouch of Teriyaki Chicken and Rice – 2 servings
▪ 1 pouch of Cheesy Lasagna – 2 servings
▪ 1 pouch of Chili Mac can Beef – 2 servings
▪ 1 pouch of Noodles & Beef in Mushroom Sauce – 2 servings
Wise Foods also offers “camping food” in cases of six. My absolute favorite has always been Alfredo with Chicken. The is the first packet of survival food I ever tried. I made it in the pouch as directed, then poured it into a cook pot to fool my picky eater teenager daughter into trying it – fettucine chicken alfredo is one of her favorite dishes. My finicky girl wanted seconds and then asked for a third helping, before I told her she had just eaten long term survival food.
The long term survival food company’s 3-month kits designed to feed a family of four at 3 servings per day for about $2,212.99.
The survival food kit consists of nine buckets and contains:
▪ 12 pouches of Cheesy Lasagna – 48 total servings
▪ 18 pouches of Creamy Pasta -72 total servings
▪ 12 pouches of Pasta Alfredo – 48 total servings
▪ 12 pouches of Chili Mac – 48 total servings
▪ 18 pouches of Chicken Noodle Soup – 72 total servings
▪ 18 pouches of Savory Stroganoff – 72 total servings
▪ 12 pouches of Hearty Tortilla Soup – 48 total servings
▪ 12 pouches of Potato Pot Pie – 48 total servings
▪ 6 pouch of Teriyaki and Rice – 24 total servings
▪ 12 pouches of Baked Potato Casserole – 48 total servings
▪ 18 pouches of Tomato Basil Soup – 72 total servings
▪ 18 pouches of Southwest Beans and Rice – 72 total servings
▪ 12 pouches of Cheesy Macaroni – 48 total servings
▪ 15 pouches of Strawberry Granola Crunch – 60 Servings
▪ 30 pouches of Brown Sugar and Maple Multi-Grain Cereal – 120 Servings
▪ 15 pouches of Crunchy Granola – 60 Servings
▪ 30 pouches of Apple Cinnamon Cereal – 120 Servings
Wise Foods sometimes offers a free sample of their long term storage packets, as well.
Legacy Premium meal packages are designed to provide a 2-to-1 ratio of lunch/dinner to breakfast. There are more than 19 entree options and 4 delicious breakfast items to choose from.
Legacy offers a 16 serving family entree sample pack (about $40 each) and 16 serving breakfast sample pack – also about $40 each..
For about $175.00, Legacy offers a 60 serving bucket of breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You will receive 4 different breakfast meals and 10 different dehydrated lunch/dinner entrees – that is nearly three weeks’ worth of dehydrated breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
My three favorite meals from this combo bucket are the pancakes pouches, Italian pasta with marinara, and stroganoff.
A free shipping offer is usually offered by Legacy Survival Foods on domestic orders.
Food 4 Patriots
Not only does Food 4 Patriots offer 25 year life, NON-GMO, and delicious “disaster-free” food, but they also donate a portion of the proceeds to charities who support our veterans and their families.
Food 4 Patriots sell 1-Week Food Supply, 4-Week Food Supply, and 3-Month Food Supply.
The 1-Week Food Supply is about $70 for 40 servings. The 4-Week Food Supply is approximately $200 for 140 servings and free shipping. For only about $500, you can get the 3-Month Supply which contains 450 servings, free survival tool, free seed vault, and free shipping!
The 30 day food storage emergency food supply is about $140 for 307 servings of food and has a shelf life of 30 years. This supply consists of nutritionally balanced entrees, soups, dry powdered milk, breakfast, and fruit snacks.
My all-time favorite survival product that Augason Farms provides is their cheesy pizza kit. It may not be the most healthiest choice, but it surely is one of the most scrumptious! Last year during a power outage over the winter, I decided to make this for supper and my husband could not get over how good it was or that it was considered prepper food.
Augason Farm’s Pizza Bucket comes complete with pizza crust mix, sauce mix and freeze dried mozzarella cheese – and makes 12, 10 inch pizzas.
Whichever survival food brand or kit you go with, you will not be disappointed. . Have you tried different survival foods? Share your experiences below.