When it comes to survival products, many preppers prefer to keep their money at home, in the good old USA. This means searching out and buying only those products that are 100% made in the USA. With today’s global economy however, it can be difficult to find survival products that are completely manufactured in the USA.
Whatever your reasons for wanting to buy products made in America, we’ve done the work for you and put together a list of 50 different survival products for your consideration. We’ve separated the items into several major categories, so you can quickly find suggestions for items you need to buy for your bug out bag or bug in stockpile.
Clothing 100% Made in USA
Below are the clothing items we found that indicated they are 100% made in the USA.
- Merino Wool Hiking Socks by People Socks made of merino wool are definitely something you want to have on hand to help your feet stay dry and warm during a survival situation.
- Belt Slide by G-CODE works great with all G-Code RTI holsters and fits 2-inch belts. Ambidextrous and great for situations where chest rigs or leg rigs won’t work.
- Rotating Belt Mount by G-CODE works with belts as wide as 2 inches. Can be used with loop lined tactical belt. Adjustments possible due to unique slots for ideal angle and placement for gear or holster.
- Men’s Mountain Light II Hiking Boot by Danner are made of leather with a waterproof with GORE-Tex breathable membrane to keep feet dry.
- Boot Laces with Kevlar by Mercury + Maia are crazy tough and made to withstand flames, resist chemicals, hold up under pressure and stay tied.
- Leather Drawstring Backpack by Muiska is made from genuine cowhide leather and is toxin free. Seams are double stitched and zippers are stainless steel for durability. Lots of pockets provide space and versatility to carry your gear.
- RFID Blocking Armor Wallet by Viator Gear keeps your financial information safe using N.A.T.O. certified RFID Armor material. 8 pockets and triple stitched for durability.
- Wool Ski Cap by Genuine Issue are made of 100% wool for warmth and come in a pack of 3 at a great price.
- Military Web Belt by Thomas Bates is fully customizable and works for everyday wear but is reliable enough for any survival situation.
- Ski Mask by The Hat Depot is great when you need to keep your entire head covered for warmth. Fits most adults and made of 100% Polyester.
- Compression Base Layer Shirt by Legend Rash Guards is a great base layer and comes with a money back guarantee and lifetime warranty. Made of breathable fabric that includes UPF 50 rated sun protection for hotter climates.
- Outdoor Floating Wallet by Chums is a go with you anywhere marine wallet in a bright yellow color which means you don’t lose your keys and other valuables underwater.
Hygiene and First Aid Products 100% Made in USA
First aid and hygiene during a bug out scenario or following a SHTF situation will be critical. Below are a list of hygiene and first aid products 100% made in the USA.
- Nail Clipper with Catcher is a 100% made in the USA product of stainless steel that is heat treated for durability. Great to have in your first aid kit or EDC.
- Insect Repellent by the Yellow Bird is Deet free so you can protect your family from those annoying disease carrying insects.
- Mosquito Repellent Bracelets by SelpHBalance are all natural and non-toxic wearable insect repellent. Great for when you and your loved ones are active or on the go.
- Moleskin by First Choice is latex free and durable to help prevent calluses, blisters, and chafing. A great addition to any first aid kit.
- Liquid Skin Pro by Chemence is waterproof and painless. Protect abrasions and minor cuts with a breathable layer that falls off naturally.
- Zinc Oxide First Aid Ointment by Urban ReLeaf comes in a tube that makes it easy to take along as part of your EDC kit. 100% made in the USA from natural ingredients.
- Citronella Tealight Candles by Candle Charisma are made from authentic citronella oil and help keep insects of all kinds away from your camp.
- Turmeric Curcumin by Vimerson Health is a great addition to your survival stockpile. Made from Non-GMO all-natural ingredients, it’s a powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant.
- Hand Wringer by Wisemen Trading wrings out excess water from clothes so they dry faster. It will be a necessity for life after an EMP or other SHTF event.
- Permethrin Clothing Insect Repellent by Sawyer comes in pump, aerosol, or lotion form. It’s made in the USA and is effective in repelling the Yellow Fever Mosquito. Great for survival situations as it works on chiggers, mites, ticks, and mosquitos and lasts up to 6 weeks or longer.
Self-Defense Products 100% Made in USA
When it comes to a survival situation, nothing is more important than being able to protect yourself and your loved ones. We’ve pulled together some suggestions for security and self-defense products 100% made in the USA for your consideration.
- Nylon Shock Cord by Paracord Planet is a stretchy cord great for a wide variety of uses including making hammocks or nets. Mildew resistant and available in multiple colors.
- Police Strength Pepper Gel by Sabre Red has a 17-foot range and maximum stopping power against intruders.
- M&P Shield 9MM by G-CODE is perfect for concealed carry, it’s a multi-positional, low bulk holster.
- Bang Box by G-Code durable zipper closure with Velcro pieces on the lid and 100% made in the USA.
- AB26 Executive Lockback Upswept Knife by Bear & Son Cutlery is a quality knife made in the USA and sure to come in handy for many survival tasks.
- Survival Neck Knife by MT Knives are a great way to carry a knife within easy reach all the time. Lightweight and made of high grade Bohler N690 Cobalt Stainless Steel it includes sheath with lanyard and safety clasp.
- Cable Ties by USA Strong Products are great for a wide variety of uses. Tapered ends for easy to zip closure. Throw them in your BOB or GHB just in case.
- Acoustic Soundproof Panels by Foam Engineering are great for minimizing the noise of your generator to prevent becoming a target following a SHTF event.
- Compact Rugged Radio Receiver by Sangean is a compact rugged radio that is weather resistant and runs on either AC power, “C” batteries or take advantage of the built-in charger and use rechargeable “C” batteries.
Food, Water, & Shelter
If you’re familiar with the survival rules of threes, you know that fresh air, clean water, shelter, and food are key elements to your survival in a bug out situation or following a SHTF event or natural disaster. For those who prefer to buy survival products 100% made in the USA, we’ve provided some suggestions below.
- Throw Line by SGT-KNOTS is strong, lightweight, and smooth. Great for using with a tarp to build a temporary shelter or for a variety of other survival tasks.
- Eclipse Water Bottle by Vapur is BPA-free, durable with a wide mouth opening and built-in clip.
- Aluminum Water Bottle by Liberty Bottleworks seals with a quarter turn and is rugged but a non-insulated drink carrier.
- Safety Pins by Bead Explosion are sharp and high quality and come in six different sizes. Use for fishing hooks, to repair clothing, or attach gear.
- Heavy Duty Tarp with Grommets by Tarp Nation is vinyl coated polyester with UV protection and rust resistant grommets. Seams are heat welded for extra protection. Puncture resistant and waterproof it makes an ideal temporary shelter.
- 28-Inch Axe by Council is great for pounding tent pegs, chopping or splitting wood for a fire, etc. Curved handle made of hickory and 2-pound head with forged steel head.
- MOLLE Hydration System by US Army
- Snare-Vival Pocket Snare Trap by Solo Scientific
- Canvas Bell Tent by Stout Tent
- N95 Respirator Masks by Gerson
- Can Opener by OHsay USA
- Multipurpose Survival Tool by MLTools is a standard-issue hydration system that includes bladder, drink tube, and carrying case.
- Heavy Duty Grover Rocket Stove by Stock Storage is designed to burn efficiently using very little wood. Weighing only 17 lbs., it’s portable and works for boiling water or more hearty meals.
- 5-Gallon Plastic Food Grade Buckets by LKMZ is a set of five 5-gallon food grade plastic buckets great for storing your food stockpile.
- MREs by Meal Kit Supply are military style shelf stable meals packaged to be resistant to water and insects. A great addition to your survival stockpile.
- Mini Pocket Pen Fishing Rod by Elemart is compact and works nearly as well as a standard size fishing pole. A great addition to your BOB or GHB for a survival situation.
- Bandanas by Essma Clothing are made of 100% cotton and made in the USA. These are great for filtering water, using over your nose and mouth to filter out smoke or debris filled air, make a sling, etc.
- Military Lensatic Compass by Cammenga is a genuine military compass illuminated with Tritum for night use. Comes with lanyard and nylon case.
- Ferrocerium Flint Fire Starter by PBL gives you the ability to start a fire in just about any weather conditions. It’s an ideal backup for any GHB or BOB
Obviously this isn’t meant to be an all-inclusive list for a survival situation and you will need to buy or stockpile additional items that may not be completely made in the USA.
Many American preppers prefer to buy only gear and supplies that are made in the USA as a way of showing patriotism and support for the country. Others prefer to buy American made products for quality reasons. Do you have any survival products 100% made in the USA that we didn’t include on our list? Share your favorites below.
Born and raised in NE Ohio, with early memories that include grandpa teaching her to bait a hook and watching her mom, aunts, and grandmothers garden, sew, and can food, Megan is a true farm girl at heart.
For Megan, the 2003 blackout, the events of 911, and the increasing frequency of natural disasters like Hurricane Katrina, spurred a desire to be more prepared for whatever may come along. Soon to be living off-grid, this mother of four and grandmother of nine grandsons and one granddaughter, is learning everything she can about preparedness, basic survival, and self-sufficient homesteading. She is passionate about sharing that knowledge so that others can be increasingly prepared to protect their families.